MINISTRY OF WORSHIP & MUSIC
01. P. R. Associate Preaching / Pulpit Ministry (Inspired Greatness PREACH Institute)
Mission/Purpose Statement: To assist the pastor to promote oneness (YAS – Youth, Adult, Seniors) in Christ of Pilgrim Rest by providing biblically-sound preaching/teaching and evangelical outreach.
02. P. R. Praise Dance Ministry: Open to Christian female dancers
Mission/Purpose Statement: To promote Christ-centeredness through modest, expressive dance that promotes surrender to and worship of our Savior and Lord Jesus Christ.
03. P.R. Mime Dramatization Ministry Open to Christians with the ability to learn mime
Mission/Purpose Statement: To promote Christ-centered dramatizations using the art of mime based on Ezekiel 3:26, chapters 4, 5, 6, 7 and Hosea 12:10.
04. P. R. Inspirational Choir Ages 19 years - Up
Mission/Purpose Statement: Our mission is to embrace and honor the traditional sound of the church while adding a spice of the newer contemporary musical styles that inspire more mature Christians to worship God.
Rehearsal Days: 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Wednesdays at 8:00 PM
05. P.R. Young Adults Choir: 13 to 18 years
Mission/Purpose Statement: Our mission is to communicate Christ in music through the voices of young adults in a more contemporary format.
06. Pilgrim Rest Children's Choir Ages Able to sing to 12 years
Mission/Purpose Statement: Our mission is to teach children to praise God from a child's point of view through children's sing-along standards.
07. P.R. Brotherhood Choir: Baptized Males of All Ages
Mission/Purpose Statement: We surrender to Christ to mature us into a choir of outstanding quality in celebration of the Christ-centered male. .
08. P.R. Sisterhood Choir: Baptized Females of All Ages
Mission/Purpose Statement: We surrender to Christ to mature us into a choir of outstanding quality in celebration of the Christ-centered female.
09. Dr. Watts Call & Response: Open to all who desire to sing
Mission/Purpose Statement: To serve as a reminder of the praise and worship style of our spiritual ancestors that God used to plant Pilgrim Rest in Chicago.